the humane society of morgan county
Pet Calendar Contest
Is your dog the next Miss September?
Ready to save some animals?!
The Humane Society of Morgan County, in partnership with CM Bryson, is happy to announce its pet calendar for 2024.
Proceeds from the sale of the calendar and photo contest will assist HSMC with the more than 400 cats & dogs they care for every year.
We encourage you to submit your favorite photo of your pets and ask your family and friends to vote for them.
Please review the Contest Rules carefully for submission guidelines; those that do not follow these rules will not be eligible to win.
Fees for photo entries and votes will help the HSMC to save more animals’ lives by promoting adoptions of healthy, friendly companion animals obtained from overcrowded animal control facilities and owner surrenders.
The winners of the photo contest will be determined by the top 13 entrants that get the most votes.
The top vote getters will have their pet professionally photographed by CM Bryson for the 2024 calendar.
Since moving into their adoption center in 2014, the HSMC rescues more than 400 animals every year!
With a dedicated staff, caring volunteers, and the support of people like YOU, they hope to continue to improve the lives of animals.
your chance to win
Submission & Voting Period:
12:00 AM EST April 3rd to 11:59 PM EST May 8th.
WHAT COULD YOU WIN?
- The top vote getters will win a professional photo session by CM Bryson Photography scheduled on pre-determined dates in Madison, GA.
- The top vote recipient will win the coveted cover photo for the 2024 calendar.
- The following top recipients with the most votes will be eligible to have their pet featured as a pet of the month.
- Win 1 of 5 WEEKLY Mini Prizes!
Looking for even MORE chances to win?
Each week the pup with the most votes during that voting period will win a BONUS prize from these great sponsors!
Happy, healthy pets all starts with fresh, nutritious, high-quality pet food. Just like with humans, what your pets eat impacts every facet of their lives. At Pet Wants of Madison, our proprietary pet food is slow-cooked in small batches with fresh, natural ingredients once a month to ensure that every kibble is fresh and packed with nutrition. We also only source the best salmon, chicken, lamb, brown rice, and other ingredients available. There’s no sugar added, no fillers, and no animal by-products and, since Pet Wants never uses corn, wheat, soy, or dyes, the food is a great fit for pets with allergies.
WEEK 2 MINI CONTEST SPONSOR
May 8th through May 14th at 9 PM EST
Barkuterie Boards are heavily influenced by the artistic creations from the human charcuterie world. I hand-press veggie and fruit shapes and create names out of cheese, just like you’d find on charcuterie boards.
WEEK 3 MINI CONTEST SPONSOR
$30.00 GIFT CARD
May 15th through May 21st at 9 PM EST
The Pooch Pontoon offers both you and your dog a chance to spend some quality time together. Visit small uninhabited islands where your dog can run, explore nature, experience new smells and just be a dog! Our Pooch Pontoon captain has over 20 years (140 in dog years) of experience navigating the north end of Lake Lanier in Gainesville, Georgia.
WEEK 4 MINI CONTEST SPONSOR
POOCH PONTOON ADVENTURE
May 22nd through May 28th at 9 PM EST
HOW IT WORKS
Votes are just $1 (minimum $5 donation) and you can vote as many times as you like!
The more you vote, the more we raise for the HSMC
So vote, ask your friends to vote, ask your neighbors to vote, ask your coworkers to vote!
RULES & REGULATIONS
Contest Rules & Prizes
- The winners of the photo contest will be determined by the entrants that get the most votes.
- The top winner will win the coveted cover photo for the 2024 calendar!
- Additional winners will have their pet featured as a pet of the month.
- Entries featuring two pets will share a month if they place among the top vote getters.
- The top vote getters will have their pet professionally photographed by CM Bryson for the 2024 calendar.
- All winners will have the opportunity to purchase products and images following their session, if desired.
- If your pet is one of the winners to be photographed for the calendar, you must be able to bring your pet to CM Bryson at a pre-selected location in the Madison, GA area on predetermined dates in July OR August of 2023 for a professional photo session. Exact details will be provided to winners upon completion of the calendar contest.
- If you are unable to commit to a photo session during those times or find yourself unable to travel to these pre-selected locations, you forfeit your winning and the next top vote getter will take your pet’s spot in the calendar, no exceptions.
- The photographer, CM Bryson, will choose the best image of the pets to be used in the calendar as well as which month that image will appear.
- Each entry is a $5 Donation.
- Limit of 2 pets per photo entry. People are not allowed in photos, only your pet. Photos that do not follow these rules will not be eligible to win with no opportunity for a refund.
- Entry photos that include two pets will share a month if they place among the top vote getters.
- All photos must be uploaded; we cannot accept printed photos. We cannot accept any copyrighted or professional photos.
- The Submissions Period starts at 12:00 AM EST April 3rd and ends at 11:59 PM EST May 8th 2023 Timing is auto controlled by GoGo Photo Contest.
- Contest entry fees are tax deductible. The email acknowledgment to your online donation serves as your tax receipt.
- Any photograph that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, or obscene, as determined by CM Bryson in its sole discretion, will be removed from the contest with no opportunity for a refund.
- Posting more than one photo of your pet does not increase the chances of winning.
- The winners of the photo contest will be determined by the top entries that receive the most votes.
- The same pet can only win once. Attempts to win two spots in the calendar by the same pet will not be permitted.
- Each $1.00 vote donation counts as one (1) vote.
- All donations from voting are non-refundable.
- Entries and donations must be made via the online contest page. Contest payments online are through a secure site.
- Contest votes are tax deductible. The email acknowledgment to your online donation serves as your tax receipt.
- All winners will be determined by electronic vote tabulations under the supervision of GoGo Photo Contests, whose decisions are final and binding.
- The Voting Period starts at 12:00 AM EST April 3rd and ends at 11:59 PM EST May 8th 2023 . Timing is auto controlled by GoGo Photo Contest.
- By submitting a photo entry, you warrant and represent that your entry is your own original work created by you and that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your entry materials.
- If you submit an entry that is copyrighted by another individual, you are responsible for any legal action the copyright holder takes against you.
- Calendars will be available to the general public starting October 2023
- By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless The Humane Society of Morgan County and CM Bryson and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, volunteers and agents (the Released Parties) from and against any claims of any nature arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
Top 10 Atlanta Pet Photographer
Courtney of CM Bryson is a pet portrait and lifestyle photographer who takes interesting narrative photographs of all sorts of pets –– cats, dogs, donkeys, you name it. She has an amazing ability to capture the fun-loving side of your pets, as well as their deep attachment to you, all while also being able to stage hilarious photoshoots that bring out the inner comedian in your little guys. Whether you’re looking for a serious, high-concept portrait or a hilarious photo of your pet sure to make you giggle for years to come, Courtney might just be the pet photographer for you.
"Such a wonderful experience! A true professional with has an exceptional knack for animals! Totally recommend!"
Trish & Hazel
"I am thrilled with the outcome! This will get a very special place in my home."
Krista & Scarlett
"I had such a great experience with Courtney! She ensured not only that the pups were prepared but that I was also. I had a detailed checklist of what to do to prepare before the shoot. From how far in advance to get the groomed/bathed to Coloring/cutting my hair in advance (if needed), what color and texture of clothing to wear for the best results, recommended collars for the pups. I think she had everything covered. Courtney was very patient with all of us :). If you are looking for photos with your furry family, I would absolutely recommend her!"
Liz, Kaos, & Kali
"We were lucky enough to attend the Love Barks event at Pet Pleasers Bakery in Gainesville, and Courtney captured some amazing photos of my dogs. It can be challenging to get them to sit still, but Courtney is a pro! Everything was set up perfectly to maximize our time there, and she is so fast with that camera. She was even able to Photoshop my hand + the leash out of several of the photos. It was a great experience, and we look forward to doing another session with Courtney soon!"
Kristen, Teddy, & Chloe
So who’s taking the pictures?
I’m Courtney – dog mom, professional dog photographer, animal rescuer, marketer, official crazy dog lady of the family.
You probably know the type.
I’m not the photographer for everyone.
I play favorites – And my favorites have four furry legs. I’ve often said, “I photograph people, but only if their dog brings them.”
And I’m only half joking.
I’m not the dog photographer for people who love their dogs like family. I’m the dog photographer for people whose dogs ARE family.